Experiencing water damage in your home or business is a stressful event. It is very important that you act fast when it comes to getting started with your water damage restoration. There are many reasons why long term water damage can be bad news for your property, and even your health. Luckily, it is not a task you have to take on alone. RestoreX is a team of highly trained professionals that are here to assist you in your time of need. Here are some of the biggest reasons you may want to consider calling us right away.
Increases Risks For Long Term Damage
Water damage can be devastating to the building materials in your home. By allowing the water to sit and soak, you are increasing the exposure and allowing your property to become more damaged over time. Here are a few examples of what water damage can do to your home or business if left unchecked:
- Water damage can cause your foundation to crack if not attended to
- Walls, Floors, and roofing can all be weakened by water which can spread to other parts of the house easily and cause more damage over time
- By allowing the structure of the building to break down you are possibly exposing yourself to harmful chemicals that go into building walls, floors, etc.
- Water and electricity are not a great match and can eventually cause dangerous problems such as electrical fires or personal injury
- Leaving your sofas,rugs, beds, and personal belongings exposed to water damage can decrease the lifespan of your items or leave you with unpleasant lingering odors
After 24 hours mold can begin to grow and spread throughout your property. This will cause more extensive damage that will need to be mitigated in the process in order to prevent future mold damage and health risks.
If the water indoors is the product of flooding, burst pipes, or some other mysterious water source, you may be putting yourself at risk of coming into contact with contaminants. When water enters our home we have no way of knowing if it has come into contact with raw sewage, fungus, bacteria, or chemicals and can cause great harm if the proper precautions are not taken. By allowing a trained professional to deal with this water damage, you are eliminating the need for you to put yourself at risk. At RestoreX, we will also make sure to leave the area clean and safe for all future activity.
Insects can become attracted to wet wood, such as wasps, beetles, and termites, and can find it to be an ideal environment to lay eggs. Oftentimes rodents are attracted to areas where there is a water source, so you may be inviting them in as well.
Whether it is a small area or your entire home, all water damage should be considered a priority. By starting your water damage restoration process right away you are ensuring that the job can be done quickly and successfully. If you find yourself in need of water damage restoration, contact RestoreX today.